Enter ATA’s School Outreach Contest!
Make a School Outreach presentation during the 2016-2017 school year and you could win a free registration to ATA’s 58th Annual Conference in Washington, DC, October 25-27, 2017.
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit ATA’s School Outreach Presentations section for information on setting up a presentation, ready-made presentation materials for download, and speaking tips.
- Choose the age level you like the best and download a presentation, or use the resources on the School Outreach webpage to round out your own material.
- Speak on translation and/or interpreting careers at a school or university anywhere in the world between August 1, 2016 and July 18 2017.
- Get someone to take a picture of you in the classroom. For tips on getting a winning shot, visit the Photo Guidelines.
- Send your picture electronically to the ATA School Outreach Program or mail your entry to 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Please include your name and contact information, the date of your presentation, the school’s name and location, and a brief description of the class.
- You may submit multiple entries.
The deadline for submissions is July 18, 2017. The winner will be contacted no later than August 20, 2017. (Note: You must be a member of ATA or an ATA-affiliated organization to enter.)
What are you waiting for? Make a school outreach presentation, take a photo, and get ready to win a free registration to ATA’s 58th Annual Conference in Washington, DC, October 25-28, 2017. Watch the video and get inspired!
Learn how to give a School Outreach presentation (including tips for capturing a winning photo) with this step-by-step guide, presented by Molly Yurick, winner of the 2015 ATA School Outreach Contest!
Complete details available on ATA’s School Outreach webpage.