To join ATA as a student member, you must provide documentation in English proving that you are either:
- a graduate or undergraduate college or university student, enrolled full-time in any program;
- or a part-time student, enrolled in a translation- or interpreting-related program, including foreign language study.
- Student membership is limited to 4 years.
- Student members are not eligible to list their services in the Directory of Translation and Interpreting Services.
Join ATA Online:
Fax or mail a copy of the documentation of your student status (in English), along with your email address and phone number, to ATA Headquarters. Once your documentation has been reviewed, you will receive a password from ATA that will give you access to the online new member application.
Join ATA by Fax or Mail:
Visit http://www.atanet.org/membapp.htm to download and print ATA's new member application.
Complete the application and fax, along with the documentation of your student status (in English) to ATA Headquarters, Attention Lauren Mendell, Membership Services Manager. The fax number is 703-683-6122.
- Mail: Complete the application and mail, along with a copy of the documentation of your student status (in English) to ATA Headquarters, Attention Lauren Mendell, Membership Services Manager. The mailing address is 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
ATA Contact Information:
American Translators Association
225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590
Alexandria, VA 22314