Online Directory Profile:
|Translating Service(s):||Desktop publishing|
|ITI (Institute of Translation and Interpreting, UK) Qualified Translator for Chinese into English and English into Chinese; ProZ.com Certified PRO for Chinese into English and English into Chinese|
|Experience:||11 - 15 Years|
|Computer Equipment Used:||PC|
||Chinese into English|
English into Chinese
This is the dominant target language
|Areas of Specialization:|
BusinessEconomics & finance
Accounting & auditing
Computer systems analysis
Industry & TechnologyTelecommunications
Patents, trademarks, & copyrights
|Additional Information:|| Operating as an independent full-time freelancer, I offer a variety of high-quality culturally-attuned professional linguistic solutions to assist my clients with bridging the intercultural communication gap between Chinese and English.|
If you need any of these...
* Translation or transcreation of written texts
* Localisation and adaptation of written texts for a specific target market/locale
* Transcription and/or translation of audio/video recordings
* Copy-editing or copywriting of English technical/scientific/business documents
* Linguistic validation of patient reported outcome (PRO) or study instruments
* Multilingual desktop publishing
* Escort/liaison or over-the-phone interpreting
Then I'm probably your natural partner!
Briefly, why me?
* I have been assessed by both the Institute of Translation & Interpreting, UK (ITI) and the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network to be competent of translating between Chinese and English at a professional level and am officially qualified to provide certified translations using the ITI seals for Chinese into and from English.
* I am an ethnic Chinese who was born, raised and educated entirely in Singapore, a multiracial and multicultural country where English is the lingua franca, medium of instruction in schools (except language subjects) and the primary language at work, and the ethnic mother tongue is also taught and spoken alongside English in numerous settings.
* I have 12 years of living-and-working experience and immersion in a predominantly Chinese-speaking environment, i.e., mainland China and Taiwan.
* I have a science and engineering educational background with substantial working experience in the IT industry and specific fields.
* I am committed to providing quality service with attention to details.
Find out why these can bring significant benefits to your linguistic or intercultural communication needs, as well as more information regarding my services on my web site.
View or download my translation-specific C.V./resume here.
View my full background, including my past work experience, on LinkedIn (only available to connections within my extended network): LinkedIn Profile
|ATA Status:||Voting Member|
|Payment Methods Accepted:||Wire-Transfer|
|Currencies Accepted:||US Dollar|
New Zealand dollar
Hong Kong dollar
Back To Search Form
When contacting someone listed in the Directory, be sure to tell them you found them in the American Translators Association's Directory of Translators and Interpreters.