Unlock your full potential in the world of conference interpreting by gaining the tools and knowledge necessary to overcome its challenges and become a highly sought-after interpreter!
Are you a professional interpreter looking to take your conference interpreting skills to the next level? Look no further than this workshop on advanced simultaneous interpreting strategies from English to Spanish. This workshop is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge needed to overcome the challenges faced in conference interpreting, empowering you to grow both personally and professionally.
This immersive workshop will delve deep into the intricacies of simultaneous interpreting to help you master advanced techniques and strategies that will enhance your performance in high-pressure scenarios. The presenter will guide you through real-world case studies and hands-on exercises, ensuring a dynamic and engaging learning experience over Zoom.
- Discover cutting-edge compression interpreting strategies employed by experienced interpreters to overcome complex linguistic and cultural barriers, enabling you to deliver accurate and nuanced interpreting.
- Learn to think on your feet and make split-second decisions to effectively manage the challenges that arise during simultaneous interpreting.
- Acquire a repertoire of techniques that cater to various domains, such as legal, engineering, business, and diplomatic interpreting, to broaden your professional opportunities.
- Connect with fellow interpreters and industry experts to open doors to new collaborations and career.
- This is a 3-hour workshop presented in 2 parts.
- Part I takes place February 15, 7:00 pm ET.
- Part II takes place February 29, 7:00 pm ET.
- When you register for Part I, you are automatically registered for Part II.
About the Presenter
Martín Soriano is an active AIIC member and a dedicated and results-driven communicator with 25 years of professional interpreting experience. In the role of Program Manager, he has successfully implemented e-learning training programs organization-wide. Martin is also a Professor at Shanghai International Studies University in China. His contributions span over 3,000 projects, encompassing international organizations like ECLAC, WIPO, and the World Bank, along with various government departments. Additionally, Martín has lectured at prestigious universities worldwide, including Harvard and Johns Hopkins in the USA, and numerous universities in Argentina.
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.