Find the Best Exam For You
Exam sittings are available in person and online from April to September, with additional in-person exams held at the ATA Annual Conference.
- You must be an ATA member to register for an exam. Join ATA now.
- There are specific software and hardware requirements for exams. See the requirements.
- Only specific resources are permitted for use during an exam. See list of resources.
- Exam sittings have a maximum capacity and can sell out. There are no waitlists for sold-out exams.
- Check exam status to see which exams are sold out or open.
- You must register by the deadline. See exam details for the specific deadline.
If an exam is not available in your area, contact your local chapter to request one.
No more in-person exams will be scheduled for 2022.
Additional exams will be scheduled for April 2023 and will be posted as they are confirmed.
If an exam is not available in your area, you have the option to take the exam at home.
The deadline to register for an online exam was August 22, 2022. Registration will open on April 30, 2023.
Exam Registration FAQs
How to Prepare for the Exam
Take a Practice Test
The practice test is an excellent way to measure your readiness for the exam. It consists of an exam passage from a previous year and is designed to provide a practical introduction to the nature of the exam and how errors are marked. Read more here.