Find the Best Exam For You
Exam sittings are available in person and online from April to September, with additional in-person exams held at the ATA Annual Conference.
- You must be an ATA member to register for an exam. Join ATA now.
- Exams are for experienced translators or interpreters. Find out if you are prepared.
- There are specific software and hardware requirements for exams. See the requirements.
- Only specific resources are permitted for use during an exam. See list of resources.
- Exam sittings have a maximum capacity and can sell out. There are no waitlists for sold-out exams.
- Check exam status to see which exams are sold out or open.
- You must register by the deadline. See exam details for the specific deadline.
If an exam is not available in your area, contact your local chapter to request one.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Additional exams will be posted as they are confirmed.
If an exam is not available in your area, you have the option to take the exam at home.
Schedule Your Own Exam
This is an online, on-demand exam that you schedule yourself. After you register, you will receive instructions for how to schedule your exam. After you register for the online exam you must schedule and take your exam within 30 days.
Online exams for 2023 ended on October 5. Registration for online exams open again in April 2024.
There are specific software and hardware requirements for online exams. Before you register, make sure you have everything you need. See all requirements and restrictions.
Exam Registration FAQs
How to Prepare for the Exam
Take a Practice Test
The practice test is an excellent way to measure your readiness for the exam. It consists of an exam passage from a previous year and is designed to provide a practical introduction to the nature of the exam and how errors are marked. Read more here.