Find the Best Exam For You
Exam sittings are available in person and online. Additional exam sittings will be posted as they are confirmed.
- You must be an ATA member to register for an exam. Join ATA now.
- There are specific software and hardware requirements for the in-person and online exams. See the requirements.
- Exam sittings have a maximum capacity and can sell out. There are no waitlists for sold-out exams.
- Check Exam Status to see which exams are sold out or open.
- You must register by the deadline. See exam details for the specific deadline.
If an exam is not available in your area, contact your local chapter to request one.
Exam Registration FAQs
How to Prepare for the Exam
Take a Practice Test
The practice test is an excellent way to measure your readiness for the exam. It consists of an exam passage from a previous year and is designed to provide a practical introduction to the nature of the exam and how errors are marked. Read more here.