Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
We the members of the American Translators Association accept as our ethical and professional duty:
- to conduct ourselves in a professional manner with honesty and integrity in our interactions with clients, colleagues, and the general public, and to refrain from conduct that brings the Association, its members, and our professions into disrepute;
- to honestly represent and work within our qualifications, competencies, capabilities, and responsibilities;
- to disclose to the relevant parties any real or potential conflict of interest and avoid situations that may lead to a perceived conflict of interest;
- to abide by commitments and contracts made in advance and by mutual agreement in the course of our professional interactions and activities;
- to hold in confidence, not divulge, and protect privileged and/or confidential information obtained in the course of our work;
- to convey meaning between people, organizations, and cultures accurately, appropriately, and without bias, depending on the context of the source, purpose, readership or audience, and medium;
- to maintain and improve knowledge, skills, and abilities by embracing continuing professional development, keeping abreast of changes in language and culture, technology, subject matter, and professional practice.
As approved by the ATA Board of Directors November 2022
Ethics Complaint Procedure
Learn how complaints are handled and how to file a complaint against an ATA member.