American Translators Association (ATA) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants.
Participants—including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, ATA staff, and service providers—are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies to all aspects of ATA Virtual Programs including, but not limited to, webinars, virtual workshops, events, meetings, and other activities.
ATA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment, or other unacceptable behavior by any Participant throughout our Virtual Programs.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse, including but not limited to
- comments related to gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images;
- threatening or stalking any participant.
- Disruption in any form. All participants must comply with the instructions of moderators and ATA staff.
- Presentations should not contain promotional materials or solicitation for services. ATA reserves the right to remove such content.
- Photography, screenshots, or video/audio recordings (without the express permission of ATA, the speaker, or moderator) are strictly prohibited and will result in expulsion from virtual programs without refund.
ATA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from virtual programs without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ATA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future ATA event.
If you experience or are aware of any incident of unacceptable behavior, please inform the Executive Director at email@example.com so that ATA can take appropriate action.