Unlock your full potential in the world of conference interpreting by gaining the tools and knowledge necessary to overcome its challenges and become a highly sought-after interpreter!
Are you a professional interpreter looking to take your conference interpreting skills to the next level? Look no further than this workshop on advanced simultaneous interpreting strategies from English to Spanish. This workshop is designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge needed to overcome the challenges faced in conference interpreting, empowering you to grow both personally and professionally.
This immersive workshop will delve deep into the intricacies of simultaneous interpreting to help you master advanced techniques and strategies that will enhance your performance in high-pressure scenarios. The presenter will guide you through real-world case studies and hands-on exercises, ensuring a dynamic and engaging learning experience over Zoom.
- Discover cutting-edge compression interpreting strategies employed by experienced interpreters to overcome complex linguistic and cultural barriers, enabling you to deliver accurate and nuanced interpreting.
- Learn to think on your feet and make split-second decisions to effectively manage the challenges that arise during simultaneous interpreting.
- Acquire a repertoire of techniques that cater to various domains, such as legal, engineering, business, and diplomatic interpreting, to broaden your professional opportunities.
- Connect with fellow interpreters and industry experts to open doors to new collaborations and career.
- This is a 3-hour workshop presented in 2 parts.
- Part I takes place November 9, 7:00 pm ET.
- Part II takes place November 16, 7:00 pm ET.
- When you register for Part I, you are automatically registered for Part II.
About the Presenter
Martin Soriano is a certified interpreter (International Association of Conference Interpreters). His research over the past decade has focused on how to accelerate learning, making sure his students stay on track in their courses and helping them focus on success. He has 20 years of experience in instruction and a Master of Advanced Studies in Interpreter Training from the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting at the University of Geneva. He has specialized in adapting instruction to new teaching and learning environments, including e-learning, multilingual webinars, and virtual and in-person events. He has facilitated structured mentorship and coaching opportunities and developed new learning pathways within a learning management system.
Workshop has reached capacity. Registration is now closed.
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.