What does it take to work as an interpreter in the California court system? Attend this webinar to find out! You’ll learn what knowledge, skills, and abilities are needed, the basic structure of the California courts, resources to prepare for the proficiency exams, and exercises to evaluate your readiness to become certified or registered in the state.
What will you learn?
- The basic structure of the California court system
- The knowledge, skills and abilities for becoming a California court interpreter
- The requirements to pass the exam to become certified or register
- Where to find resources to prepare for the exam and the profession
- How court interpreters from other states can apply for reciprocity
About the presenter
Jennifer De La Cruz, MS, CT, has been a certified court interpreter for the California courts and the United States district courts for 13 years. She is an ATA-certified Spanish<>English translator, specializing in legal translation.
Jennifer has taught interpreting and translation courses throughout her career for a variety of schools and universities. She currently oversees the language access program for a California superior court.