When the Department of Homeland Security called for comment on its Language Access Plans, ATA responded quickly with an in-depth analysis and review. Many thanks to volunteers from the Interpreters Division for their long hours of work in support of ATA’s reply.
ATA’s response includes a comprehensive review of both interpreting and translation services in the U.S., from standards of practice to skills to procurement of professional services. The document is well worth the read.
Are You a Member of the Media?
Visit the ATA Press Room for industry insights and responses to current affairs involving the translation and interpreting professions.
- Transform Your Site: English-Spanish Website Translation February 28, 2024
- Recent Independent Contractor Classification Rule Changes and What They Mean for Translators and Interpreters February 19, 2024
- ATA Letter to New Mexico AOC February 19, 2024
- Resources For You: ATA’s New Model Contract for Translators February 7, 2024
- Cultivating Connection: 8 Tips for Interpreters and Translators to Tackle Loneliness February 6, 2024