California AB 2257 will be heard by California’s influential Senate Appropriations Committee on Monday, August 17. This is the last chance for the bill to be amended to exempt “professional translators and interpreters” from AB 5. ATA has sent an Open Letter to the California Assembly and Senate to the legislature and the committee’s members.
Are You a Member of the Media?
Visit the ATA Press Room for industry insights and responses to current affairs involving the translation and interpreting professions.
- Newsbriefs: March 2, 2021 March 2, 2021
- Researchers Claim that AI-Translated Text Are Less “Lexically” Rich than Human Translations February 17, 2021
- Studies from Japan Find Singing in Some Languages Could Spread COVID-19 More Easily than Others February 17, 2021
- Revamped White House Website Aims for Inclusivity and Accessibility February 17, 2021
- Rutgers University Translation Program Aids Newark’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Efforts February 17, 2021