California AB 2257 will be heard by California’s influential Senate Appropriations Committee on Monday, August 17. This is the last chance for the bill to be amended to exempt “professional translators and interpreters” from AB 5. ATA has sent an Open Letter to the California Assembly and Senate to the legislature and the committee’s members.
Are You a Member of the Media?
Visit the ATA Press Room for industry insights and responses to current affairs involving the translation and interpreting professions.
- 8 COVID-Era Online Language Practice Sites January 25, 2023
- ATA Supports Colorado Legislation to Use ATA-Certified Translators January 24, 2023
- Newsbriefs: January 17, 2023 January 17, 2023
- Translator Profile: ATA Past President Ted Wozniak January 11, 2023
- 5 Steps for Translating Official Documents January 11, 2023