California AB 2257 will be heard by California’s influential Senate Appropriations Committee on Monday, August 17. This is the last chance for the bill to be amended to exempt “professional translators and interpreters” from AB 5. ATA has sent an Open Letter to the California Assembly and Senate to the legislature and the committee’s members.
Are You a Member of the Media?
Visit the ATA Press Room for industry insights and responses to current affairs involving the translation and interpreting professions.
- Newsbriefs: August 2, 2022 August 2, 2022
- Quick Tips! Get Started on a Style Guide NOW! August 1, 2022
- Collaborating with Self-Published Authors: Another Option for Literary Translation July 31, 2022
- How I Went from Translator to Subtitler in Just a Few Months: Tips to Start You on Your Way July 31, 2022
- Translators and Interpreters Working Together to Create a National Code of Ethics for Educational K-12 Settings July 31, 2022