California AB 2257 will be heard by California’s influential Senate Appropriations Committee on Monday, August 17. This is the last chance for the bill to be amended to exempt “professional translators and interpreters” from AB 5. ATA has sent an Open Letter to the California Assembly and Senate to the legislature and the committee’s members.
Are You a Member of the Media?
Visit the ATA Press Room for industry insights and responses to current affairs involving the translation and interpreting professions.
- Newsbriefs: June 15, 2021 June 15, 2021
- Newsbriefs: June 1, 2021 June 1, 2021
- Getting Started: 10 Tips June 1, 2021
- Savvy Diversification Series – From Text Translator to Film Subtitler in Just a Few Months May 25, 2021
- A Sense of Hope: Interpreters/Translators Share Their Vaccination Journey May 19, 2021