The ATA School Outreach Contest recognizes those who effectively engage with their audience and provide a compelling story and photo capturing the experience.
Here's how to enter:
- You must be a member of ATA or an ATA-affiliated organization to enter.
- Prepare your presentation to be given anywhere in the world to any age group, from pre-school to adult education. ATA provides ready-made materials and speaking tips.
- Complete your in-person or virtual presentation between August 1, 2022 and July 31, 2023.
- Capture your presentation with a photo. For tips on getting a winning shot, see the Photo Guidelines.
- Write a brief story of your experience and your interactions with the students.
- Submit your entry, including your story and photo, by July 31, 2023. You may submit multiple entries.
Contact School Outreach Program Coordinator Meghan McCallum or firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Outreach Contest Winners
Speaking to the next generation has so many benefits. These videos illustrate a few.
See How It's Done
Learn how to give a presentation and get tips for capturing a winning photo with this free ATA Webinar.
School Outreach for a Virtual Classroom
Here's a sample presentation for students, teachers, and parents to learn about careers in translation and interpreting.
Listen to the School Outreach Experience
Hear how members are sharing their careers in classrooms around the world and get some tips on winning a free registration to ATA's Annual Conference.