Take advantage of this growing demand. Learn all about SEO so you can translate and localize websites to target international markets.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the new advertising. By optimizing their websites, businesses of all sizes and in all sectors strive to get to the top of online search results, including in international target markets. As a result, demand for qualified translators and copywriters who can localize keywords and provide optimized content in foreign languages is on the rise.
This 3-part, participation-driven workshop is for you if you are an experienced translator and/or a multilingual content/copywriter wanting to offer SEO services to direct clients or agencies, or simply optimize your own website.
In part I, the instructor will teach the fundamentals of SEO and international SEO, and how to get started in this field. In part II, you will learn how to perform keyword research for international markets, select the best keywords, and use them strategically. Part III will focus on content optimization, revealing best practices for writing copy that is both SEO and user friendly.
Through the speaker’s expert instruction combined with practical exercises, you will solidify the concepts learned. By the end of this workshop, you will be ready to add SEO services to your own portfolio!
What will you learn?
- How search algorithms work
- SEO considerations when targeting international markets
- How to perform international keyword research
- What web content appeals to human readers and search engines
- Best practices for optimizing meta elements
- Due to the interactive nature of this event, this workshop is limited to 30 attendees.
- This is a 6-hour workshop presented in 3 parts, held one week apart.
- Part I takes place August 12, 3:00 pm ET.
- Part II takes place August 19, 3:00 pm ET.
- Part III takes place August 26, 3:00 pm ET.
- When you register for Part I, you are automatically registered for Parts II and III.
- We encourage everyone to connect with their video and audio on and to actively participate in the workshop discussions.
About the Presenter
Marion Rhodes, CT, is an ATA-certified English-into-German translator, SEO specialist, and multilingual copywriter. In her full-time job as SEO copywriter for Thrasio, she optimizes Amazon listings for the German market, writes optimized blog posts for the company’s direct-to-consumer sites in the U.S., and is involved in optimizing Thrasio’s German corporate website. She continues to run her freelance translation business, Integrated MarCom Translations, on the side, where she specializes in multilingual copywriting and optimized translations. Marion was born and raised in Germany but earned her B.A. in journalism from the University of Nebraska and an M.S. in integrated marketing communications from West Virginia University.
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.