Yes, you can ask for feedback—and you should! Discover the benefits of this powerful tool.
All too often, translators work in a bubble. Many are not used to soliciting feedback or are afraid to ask. The rare times they do get feedback, it might be perceived only as negative. However, feedback is a powerful tool for ensuring you do your best work, improve your translation skills, attract better clients, and have a more fulfilling practice.
This webinar will delve into the importance and benefits of getting feedback from both clients and colleagues, informal and formal editing relationships, and a roadmap for adding a feedback loop into every translation workflow.
What will you learn?
- Why feedback is a gift, not a reproach
- The benefits of feedback far outweigh the drawbacks… wait, what drawbacks?
- When you must have an editor and when you can do without
- Turning me, myself, and I into us, ourselves, and we!
- Adding a feedback loop to your workflow
About the Presenter
Ben Karl is a French> and Mandarin>English translator and copywriter based in Los Angeles. He specializes in commercial, financial, and marketing texts. Ben is ATA-certified (French>English). He currently serves on ATA’s Membership Committee and chairs the Translatio Standing Committee for the International Federation of Translators.