Discover free technology resources to improve your remote interpreting services.
The pandemic has forced us to adapt to interpreting from home. In this webinar we will review basic and advanced pointers on how to use low-cost or free programs and applications you may already have to capture information, bypassing the traditional approach of handwritten note-taking strategies.
What will you learn?
- How to coordinate the support of devices for capturing information without taking notes by hand
- How to set up the ideal home office for providing remote interpreting in diverse settings
- How to plan and devise a system to meet participants’ needs
- How to anticipate and resolve typical potential problems during one’s rendition
- How to determine the best protocols and ethical considerations for complying with the formal requirements of diverse settings and clients
- How to assess technological resources, devices, applications, and programs available that best satisfy an interpreter’s professional needs
This webinar was organized with the assistance of the Spanish Language Division.
About the Presenter
Armando Ezquerra Hasbun is a certified trainer for medical interpreters, as well as a conference interpreter, grader, lecturer, and consultant to the industry. Originally from Peru, Armando has undergraduate degrees in psychology and international studies and a master’s degree in Spanish language and literature. He is certified as a state court interpreter in Delaware since 2000 and a federally certified court interpreter since 2002. In 2012, he was certified as a judiciary interpreter and translator by NAJIT. Prior to that, he was certified from English-into-Spanish by ATA and served as Administrator of ATA’s Interpreting Division.
In 2015 Armando was awarded the ATA’s Harvie Jordan Scholarship, which promotes, encourages, and supports leadership and professional development of translators and interpreters. He is an adjunct professor of Interpretation and Translation Studies at La Salle University in Philadelphia. He has published on topics of interest to the profession and presented at many conferences.
Register for this webinar and Interpreting Insults from Spanish into Your Target Language and save $15. If you can’t attend both live webinars, register now and you will also have access to watch both webinars at your convenience.
How to Register or Purchase
Other CE Points: CCHI = 1.0; IMIA/NBCMI = 0.1