Advocacy for T&I professions is one of the main reasons that ATA exists and a main benefit for our members. The Advocacy Committee was established to advise the Board of Directors on policy and legislative issues affecting translation, interpreting, and related fields.
In this episode, ATA Podcast Co-Host Andie Ho speaks with Ben Karl, Chair of ATA’s Advocacy Committee. Ben covers all facets of the Advocacy Committee and the work they do, as many laws affecting T&I professionals are not one size fits all. Overall, the Advocacy Committee is on your side, and Ben explores what that looks like on the international level.
- Advocacy Committee: https://www.atanet.org/committee/advocacy-committee/
- Advocacy and Outreach: https://www.atanet.org/news/advocacy-and-outreach/
- Want to contact the Advocacy Committee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to connect with Ben? Email email@example.com
- ATA Events Calendar: https://www.atanet.org/ata-events/
- Virtual Conference: Translating and Interpreting the Future: https://www.atanet.org/event/translating-interpreting-the-future-empowering-professionals-to-innovate-and-thrive/
- ATA Socials: https://linkin.bio/americantranslatorsassn
- Join ATA: https://www.atanet.org/member-center/join-ata/
- ATA’s 64th Annual Conference in Miami: https://www.atanet.org/ata64/
- The ATA Podcast Archive: https://www.atanet.org/news/the-ata-podcast/
Please send comments, questions, or requests about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for listening!
Audio Production: Derek Platts | Announcements: Cris Silva | Technical Support: Trenton Morgan