Increase your competitive advantage by adding voice recording services!
As the language industry landscape continues to evolve, diversification is becoming even more relevant to a successful business. One excellent opportunity for those language professionals looking to expand their services in a new direction has been created by the growing demand for multilingual voice recording.
Join us for this highly dynamic virtual workshop where you’ll learn about the different market segments for voice recording and how to acquire the necessary skills to offer this service to clients.
During three hours of focused learning, this workshop will cover effective speaking, breathing, pauses, tone of voice, and what equipment and tools are needed for a successful audio-recording session. Attendees will also receive real-time feedback on reading exercises for different markets!
You will learn how to:
- Use sound hardware and software for successful audio-recording sessions
- Identify the market demand for your type of voice and style
- Prepare yourself to record voice samples
- Reach out to clients to offer your voice-over services
- How to charge for voice-over work
- Due to the interactive nature of this event, the workshop is limited to 30 participants.
- Participants have an option to submit their own recordings ahead of time, whether anonymous or not, for real-time feedback during the session.
- We encourage everyone to connect with their video and audio on and to actively participate in the workshop discussions.
About the Presenter
Rafa Lombardino became a professional translator in 1997 specializing in technology; marketing; human resources; education; health and wellness; audiovisual; and literature. She is ATA-certified in both English-to-Portuguese and Portuguese-to-English translation. Rafa has a professional certificate in Spanish-to-English translation from University of California, San Diego Extension, where she started teaching translation classes in 2010. One of her classes, “Tools and Technology in Translation,” has been released in book format. She is President and CEO of Word Awareness, a small network of professional translators.
This workshop is sold out.
If you have registered, check your inbox for email@example.com to find your invitation to join. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find it.
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.