Thymus gland or thyroid gland—which is which and where? True or false: all glands have ducts. Hashi…who?
Attend this webinar to examine the endocrine system and its related hormones, diseases, and disorders as well as allopathic and alternative treatments. The presentation will include visual concepts and memory techniques to assist future continuing education in this specialty.
Attendees Will Learn How to
- Identify main differences between the exocrine and endocrine systems
- Recognize the results of hyper- and hypo-gland activity
- Locate the anatomical position of major glands
- Name five endocrine disorders
- Differentiate between allopathic and alternative endocrine disorder treatment plans
About the Presenter
Tracy Young is an accomplished medical interpreter (CMI) and educator. As an interpreter trainer, she has presented numerous workshops across the United States and recently lectured in Spain. Above all, she is a passionate, long-time advocate for the medical interpreting profession.
Tracy is the Language Access Services Coordinator at Barton Memorial Hospital in South Lake Tahoe, California. She is a registered nurse and holds a master’s degree in Spanish from the University of Nevada.
Tracy is the founding president of the Nevada Interpreters and Translators Association.