There’s an app for everything, right?
Take this time to explore apps and technology that interpreters can use to train and hone their craft. You’ll learn how to get to the next level in public speaking, measuring voice quality, reading texts out loud, and more.
What Will You Learn?
- How to use audio book-type apps to prepare for assignments
- A simple wi-fi based app with a receiver and a transmitter
- What glossaries are available for interpreters
- How to best organize your glossaries
- Ways to improve public speaking skills, including video feedback
About the Presenter
Cristina Silva is an ATA-certified English<>Portuguese translator. She has worked as an English>Portuguese translator and conference interpreter since 1997, including stints as an in-house translator at J.D. Edwards and a localization project coordinator/terminology manager. She has also interpreted for a wide variety of clients and industries, including the military, government, and private sectors.
Cris teaches Portuguese translation at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. She previously taught at New York University and the University of Denver.