Remote simultaneous interpreting, or RSI, is here to stay. Will you sit on the sidelines or get on board?
Attend this webinar with presenter Liz Essary for a big-picture look at RSI and its applications. You’ll learn how RSI differs from video remote interpreting (VRI) and over-the-phone interpreting (OPI), the challenges of adding RSI services to your business, and the questions to ask when considering an RSI job. Liz will also cover how to talk to clients about RSI services.
Make 2020 the year you expand your services and grow your business.
What will you learn?
- Overview of the RSI platform and its applications
- Important differences between RSI, VRI, and OPI
- Quality standards for RSI services
- Interpreters’ needs and how to address them
- Clients’ needs and how to address them
- What the future looks like for interpreters providing RSI services
About the presenter
Liz Essary has nearly two decades of experience as a Spanish<>English interpreter and trainer. Her work as a conference interpreter has taken her from interpreting for large sales conferences to smaller venues in film and academia. Liz has a BA in Spanish from Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis and a master’s of conference interpreting from Glendon School of Translation in Toronto. Learn more about Liz’s story—read “Yes, Conference Interpreting Is a Thing” in the March/April 2019 issue of The ATA Chronicle.