Learn how automation can give you more time to focus on what you love most about your translation and interpreting business.
So much of our day is spent on repetitive tasks—copying terms from a PDF document to an Excel worksheet, finding repetitions in your translation environment tool, changing capitalization, and much more. If only there was a better way to do these things so that you had more time for the creative part of translation and interpreting!
Enter AutoHotkey, a free tool that makes automating computer tasks seem like magic.
In this second part of a two-part webinar, you will further explore what is possible with AutoHotkey. We will build on the content discussed in Part 1 and take your automation to the next level, while still keeping it simple enough so that you do not need any previous programming experience.
You will then be able to do the all-too-familiar tasks much quicker. Time is money, and now you can learn how to save time to focus on doing what you love and growing your translation and interpreting business.
What will you learn?
- How to automate mouse clicks
- How to quickly open commonly used folders and programs
- How to activate windows
- How to use loops to run an action sequence several times
- How to find help when building your macros
- AutoHotkey does not work with Macs.
- This is a 2-hour webinar presented in 2 parts.
- Part I takes place September 8, 12:00 pm EDT.
- Part II takes place September 15, 12:00 pm EDT.
- When you register for Part I, you are automatically registered for Part II.
About the Presenter
Nora Díaz earned a BA in linguistics and translation in 1990. Since then, she has worked as an English-to-Spanish translator and interpreter in a variety of fields, specializing in scientific and technical translation. As a technology enthusiast interested in enhancing productivity, she enjoys exploring tools that facilitate the work of translators and sharing her findings with others through her blog, videos, and webinars.
Purchase this Webinar
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.