Artificial intelligence and neural networks are disrupting many industries, and translation is no exception. The question is not whether these technologies will impact the day-to-day work of translators and interpreters, but instead how language professionals will adapt to them over the course of their careers.
Prepare for the future by attending this two-part webinar series on neural machine translation (NMT)! The presenter will provide an essential overview of artificial intelligence (AI), neural networks, NMT, adaptive MT, predictive MT, and quality estimation systems. An in-depth tutorial on revising NMT output with a hands-on exercise to be completed as homework will also be included. Discussions of language professionals’ changing roles and the job opportunities created through new AI and NMT technologies will be central to the presentations.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of AI, neural networks, NMT, adaptive MT, predictive MT, and quality estimation
- An understanding of why professional translators should embrace the appropriate use of MT
- A thorough introduction to revising NMT output (also known as post-editing)
- An appreciation for the new career opportunities for language professionals created by improving technologies
- A strategy for adapting to a continually changing translation market
- This is a 2-hour webinar presented in 2 parts.
- Part I takes place March 23, 12:00 pm EDT.
- Part II takes place March 30, 12:00 pm EDT.
- When you register for Part I, you are automatically registered for Part II. See Part I for registration information.
About the Presenter
Jay Marciano, director of machine translation (MT) outreach and strategy at Lengoo, has spent 23 years at the forefront of developing and applying MT. Prior to his current position, he was director of MT at Lionbridge (2010-2020) and SDL (2001-2010), where he was responsible for the global strategy of using MT to increase the efficiency of professional quality translation. Jay serves on the board of directors of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas (AMTA) and on a technical advisory board for Translators without Borders. He presents widely on MT, AI, and the future of the language services industry.
Purchase this Webinar
March 23, 10:00 am EST
If you have registered, check your inbox for email@example.com to find your invitation to join. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find it.
Code of Conduct
ATA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. By registering for this event, you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Virtual Programs.