ATA’s 59th Annual Conference registration is open! Join 1,600 of your peers in New Orleans, October 24–27, 2018. Here are 10 reasons why you should attend.
- Inspiration: Learn from the best. See how others further along in their careers got to where they are. Get reenergized about your love of language and the drive to step up your work.
- Education: 16 masterclass Advance Skills and Training (AST) Day workshops. 174 top-of-the-line sessions from experts across the globe. ATA’s Annual Conference is the premier educational event for translators and interpreters.
- Jobs: Connect with agencies and companies that are hiring. This year, we’ve added a second night of the successful Job Fair. Plus, promote yourself on the conference app where you can post your résumé and where potential clients will see it before and after the conference as well.
- Exhibits: 70-plus exhibits featuring the leading tool providers, university programs, language companies, and more.
- Division Events: Divisions are a “home” within ATA for many. Connect with other division members at the Welcome Celebration. Attend division annual meetings. Look for division social events and dinners outside the conference.
- Networking: Buddies Welcome Newbies, group breakfasts, Brainstorm Networking, AST workshops, the Exhibit Hall, and even the hotel elevator—the networking opportunities abound.
- $$$: The conference is a great way to connect with future clients and business partners or learn about new technology to help you work smarter. They all add up to money in your pocket. For some great testimonials about profiting from attending the conference, please check out the conference website.
- Earn: For ATA-certified translators, earn up to 10 continuing education points for attending the conference. You can earn more by attending AST workshops. And, interpreters can earn credits as well. ATA is once again working with various state and national organizations to recognize ATA education sessions.
- Fun: Seeing old friends, making new ones, Welcome Celebration, Zumba, Closing Dance, New Orleans. ‘Nuf said.
- Investing in Yourself: You have to spend money to make money. Help yourself by becoming better at what you do. It will pay off in the long run.
- Plus one bonus, No Fear. If you have never been to an ATA Annual Conference, don’t worry about not knowing anyone. Lots of folks are in your shoes. The vibe at the conference is really an open, friendly community. First-timers are warmly welcomed with veteran conference goers leading the way.
For more information on the conference, please check out the preliminary program and the conference website. Register today! See you in New Orleans.
Choose to Stay at the ATA59 Conference Hotel—Book Now!
The New Orleans Marriott is open for ATA59 reservations. Remember, reservations made before Monday, October 22, will be automatically entered into the Stay and Win Drawing. Learn more and make your reservation today!