Make a School Outreach presentation during the 2016–2017 school year and you could win a free registration to ATA’s 58th Annual Conference in Washington, DC, October 25–28, 2017!
Here’s how to enter:
- Visit ATA’s School Outreach Presentations section for information on setting up a presentation, ready-made presentation materials for download, and speaking tips.
- Choose the age level you like the best and download a presentation, or use the resources on the School Outreach webpage to round out your own material.
- Speak on translation and/or interpreting careers at a school or university anywhere in the world between August 1, 2016 and July 18 2017.
- Get someone to take a picture of you in the classroom. For tips on getting a winning shot, visit the Photo Guidelines.
- Send your picture electronically to the ATA School Outreach Program or mail your entry to 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Please include your name and contact information, the date of your presentation, the school’s name and location, and a brief description of the class.
- You may submit multiple entries.
The deadline for submissions is July 18, 2017. The winner will be contacted no later than August 20, 2017. (Note: You must be a member of ATA or an ATA-affiliated organization to enter.) Complete details are available on ATA’s School Outreach webpage (http://bit.ly/ATA-School-Outreach).
Tell Us Your Story!
Please share your past and present School Outreach experiences with us! Whether you decide to enter the contest or not, ATA’s School Outreach team would love to hear from you. Please contact Meghan McCallum at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of when and where you presented and let us know about your memorable School Outreach experience.